Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Northside EPs




What comprises an authentic Madchester music? Let's review the music of Northside and go through our checklist. Does it have baggy beat? funky guitar? Yes. Do they wear stripe tees? Yes. Are they from Manchester, England? Yes. Was their era the late eighties-early nineties? Yes. Although they got minimal airplay in the early nineties, they are still in my regular rotation up to this day whenever I'm in a mood for good ol' indie rave tunes!

On pictures:

1. Take 5 EP
2. My Rising Star EP
3. Shall We Take A Trip? EP

[GET SAMPLE AUDIO HERE]

2 comments:

  1. Hey thanks for visiting my blog. I've actually visited your blog several times, the layout is cool.

    ReplyDelete

The Haywains - Bobbie Gentry's Tears (7" 4-Track EP, 2015 Dufflecoat Records)

Got this along with other bunch of records from a small indie store in Seattle. Quite honestly I fell in love with the cover art when I firs...