Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Wedding Present - Nobody's Twisting Your Arms EP


Picture this, the angst-driven vocal of Mark Smith of The Fall backed by the raspiness of Gang Of Four, that's how the songs of The Wedding Presents sound to me. These guys have been around for two decades now but were able to remain leveled. I remember seeing them played in Hollywood some years back with bunch of my indie friends and they were jaw-dropping live (I even got an autograph from David Gedge!). With their countless singles released almost every year, this is one of the songs I truly recommend. Endulge!

[GET SAMPLE AUDIO HERE]

4 comments:

  1. Great blog. Thanks a lot for post this amazing music, perhaps you'll find some interesting music on our blog:
    http://elcaunegre.blogspot.com/
    It's possible we have similar music taste; we've just initiated two months ago... It's a pleasure to discover blgs like your! long life to your blog companion!! We add your web-site to our favorite blogs list.

    Yours,
    Canterell

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks canterell, you got such a great blog yourself. i'll add you to my blog roll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah yeah, nice post pare. i like the early the wedoes as such..

    ReplyDelete

The Haywains - Bobbie Gentry's Tears (7" 4-Track EP, 2015 Dufflecoat Records)

Got this along with other bunch of records from a small indie store in Seattle. Quite honestly I fell in love with the cover art when I firs...