Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Fred EP


I just love Sarah Cracknell, Saint Etienne and the works that I gotta have this EP. This EP is a compilation of cover songs of Right Said Fred, a one hit wonder from the early nineties. The song "I'm Too Sexy" have put them to the music map. Saint Etienne covered that song and while the arrangement and interpretation is a little different (in a good way per se) , you could still say that it's an RSF song. Flowered Up, which claim to fame are the songs Phobia and It's On, are also in the line-up. They covered RSF's second hit single "Don't Talk Just Kiss". Its a baggy, madchester style rendition, which all their songs are known for in the first place.

[GET SAMPLE AUDIO HERE]

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Haywains - Bobbie Gentry's Tears (7" 4-Track EP, 2015 Dufflecoat Records)

Got this along with other bunch of records from a small indie store in Seattle. Quite honestly I fell in love with the cover art when I firs...