Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Paul Quinn - Ain't That Always The Way EP


Deep and passionate is how I would describe Paul Quinn's voice and I consider him as one of the great vocalist of neo-acoustic era. I've been seeing his name all over because not only he led the now defunct Bourgie Bourgie, but he made collaboration with some of the finest artist emerged during the eighties like Edwin Collins of Orange Juice and Vince Clark of Depeche Mode, Yaz and Erasure. These two singles are collaborative projects of Paul Quinn and Edwin Collins during his career as a solo artist.

[GET SAMPLE AUDIO HERE]

5 comments:

  1. Damn, I'd love to hear this again (a much lamented, long lost single), but I can't find a link, kind blogger...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a star, thanks! EC's guitar is so great on these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lost all my OJ 12s in a garage fire and only have a very dodgy c90 cassette version of 12 mix that I taped in the 80's,so your site has put a huge smile on my face.
    Keep it up please.
    Can I ask how can I get Bridge and Felicity samples as I could not get them through the link???

    ReplyDelete

The Haywains - Bobbie Gentry's Tears (7" 4-Track EP, 2015 Dufflecoat Records)

Got this along with other bunch of records from a small indie store in Seattle. Quite honestly I fell in love with the cover art when I firs...