Sunday, October 10, 2010

Dylans - Planet Love EP


Just got back from up north as we've check out our DJ friend play some set at Brazaa, a renowned bossa nova club in downtown San Francisco. It was a fun night but my SF trip won't be complete without visiting some Rasputin record stores. I headed to just two of their stores in San Jose the following day as time won't permit. To my dismay the once isle by isle of records are now replaced by cds. The tragic sight made me feel that vinyl is indeed dead. There are few records remained but those are ones worth fueling a bonfire with, if you know what I mean. So I ended up buying some bargain cds and when I say bargain I mean some $1.99, some 50 cents and some are even free! I got some Softies, Trembling Blue Stars, Flying Saucer Attack, Ivy and early Cardigans to name a few. Although worth keeping they are not really worth posting on blog.

This week my posting will be dedicated entirely to Colin Gregory, the man behind the now defunct 1000 Violins and The Dylans. Their music for sure may have been heard by many indiepop fans but I still believe there are some out there who haven't. I'll start it off with Planet Love, the band's chart topper during the early nineties.


2 comments:

  1. great info nb too bad about rasputin experience though.
    anyway the dylans one of my most listen to band of the early nineties. good post nb
    question:
    anong paboritong kotse ni randyb???

    ReplyDelete

The Haywains - Bobbie Gentry's Tears (7" 4-Track EP, 2015 Dufflecoat Records)

Got this along with other bunch of records from a small indie store in Seattle. Quite honestly I fell in love with the cover art when I firs...