Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Friday Club - Window Shopping 12"


Here's a brand new post, meaning not a repost as what I've been doing for the past days or weeks maybe or whenever I can't find time to record audios or scan sleeves. I know what I've been doing is kinda redundant, its like re-inventing the wheel. It would be a way lot easier grabbing audio files from some torrent sites or saving images from Google images but in my humble opinion getting contents from other sites just defeats the purpose of having a website you can proudly call your own. Plus I get to put my own watermark on the sleeves, not to mention the high resolution/bit rate I'm getting by scanning/ripping my own records.

This track is rather unusual in a sense it was produced by Jerry Dammers, notable for being the chief songwriter of The Specials. Ska being his major forte, who would have thought he would produce such pop music similar to Haircut 100 or The Style Council? You might also find this interesting, I bought this record from Uwe Weigmann who happens to be the owner of Firestation Records. Shout out to my good friend RandyB for the tip, who is by the way an official siklista!

[GET SAMPLE AUDIO HERE]

12 comments:

  1. cool man you got a copy...i likey dis one, yung cover nga lang parang amoy bagong hubad na tosapa...hehehe see ya friday with da bike boys...inimbita ko si cino baka sumama...aangkas daw sya sa manibela tpos breakless hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ayos ang sarap non man...yung ginawa kong ruta this friday rhino claremont stop over natin, record hunt tayo nina cino habang sila nagkakape hehehe...ipitin na lang ng wetpers yung tire sa likod para mag-brake hehehe...

    btw, yung ruta nasa facebook ni tj...

    ReplyDelete
  3. noisey parang stlye nga at blow matsings. sosyal!!
    hintayin ko na lang kayo sa rhino baka mauna ako freeway i-10 and ruta ko eh. lance armpit and greg lemonada, hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You blog is my bible. I put you on my Blog List. Please, i would like you do the same - if you want, of course.
    neri - brazil
    http:mofonovo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. nb pangi 'ko ng bolshoi tv man extension mp3 at 192 kbps kung meron ka!! thanx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy Friday Club.. Randyb introduced me to this band.. Galeng! Naghihintay pa ako na magbibigay ng plaka. hehehe. Thanks for sharing NB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. cino di kami umabot ng rhino, bumigay yung mga hita namin sa haba ng pataas na daan hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  8. TK di bale di ko kayo kakalimutan pag nakakita ako ng mga kapatid

    ReplyDelete
  9. kaya pala naghintay ako sa rhino ala kayo!! buti na lang nakakuha ako ng "natural life" na 12".

    post mo bolshoi's tv man!! hindi pa avialable sa mga blogs
    thanx

    ReplyDelete
  10. nb check this out---->>>>http://elcaunegre.blogspot.com/2010/08/batang-frisco-batang-frisco-1986-diy.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+elcaunegre+%28Cau%29

    ReplyDelete

The Haywains - Bobbie Gentry's Tears (7" 4-Track EP, 2015 Dufflecoat Records)

Got this along with other bunch of records from a small indie store in Seattle. Quite honestly I fell in love with the cover art when I firs...